The Wole Soyinka Society Inc. was founded in London on 10 March 2004. The Society’s objects (‘the Objects”) are to promote the study, the teaching, and the performance of the works of the 1986 winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature through the:
- Biennial Conferences, which may be held on rotational basis amongst the continents.
- Publication of the Soyinka Journal (ISSN: 1742-3384), which is an academic publication on the Nobel Laureate’s works.
- Summer Workshops, which is a community engagement activity to promote the understanding of the components of Soyinka dramaturgy.
- Soyinka Theater Season, which is a community engagement activity promoting the performance of Soyinka plays in different societies across the world.
- Any other community engagement programs approved by the society in furtherance of the edification and unification of humanity.